Below are some key terms you may see when interacting with SalesExec.
Record Type – A collection of lead fields, workflows and marketing data generally associated to a product or a group of similar products that a company offers to a lead.
Marketing Channel – A Marketing Channel is the defined entry point of a lead into SalesExec. An example of a Marketing Channel would be a 3rd Party Lead Provider; other types of channels include:
- Web Form – Leads acquired by Lead Forms located on a website or landing page
- Phone – Leads from Inbound calls generated by offline or online marketing
- File Import – Leads lists that are imported via Excel
- Third Party – Leads acquired from lead generation providers
- FTP – Leads accepted through an FTP lead import service
- Other/ Custom – All other methods of lead acquisition
Lead Source – A Lead Source is the “source” of your leads. This could be multiple direct mail providers, multiple 3rd party lead providers, a weekly file import or a website.
Campaign – A Campaign is the specific push you’ve made to obtain leads. Campaigns are typically short-term initiatives with specific price and budget restrictions. Examples would be a free trial offer or a seasonal discount.
Owner – The Corporate or Branch level which owns and can make changes to Marketing Channels, Lead Sources or Campaigns.
Budget – The budget allocated to a marketing campaign.
Price/ Price per Lead – The price for a single lead associated to a marketing campaign.
Posting Instructions – Documentation provided to a Lead Source Provider to post leads directly into SalesExec.