Lead Fields are the pieces of information you gather from your Lead Sources, whether this be from a website, a paid Lead Source or importing Leads from a file such as Excel. When creating Lead Fields make a note to include all possible Lead Fields; this is key to ensuring the Leads can be received properly.
To create Lead Fields
Once created, the new Record Type will now be available to add Lead Fields.
Select the Edit button to start adding fields
Click Add Field
A modal will display in order to create the Lead Field you can specify the following:
- Fill in Name and Description; take note Description will be the displayed name created which is visible to your users.
- Required - Marks the lead field as required. When posting or adding new leads to ClickPoint, fields marked Required must have a value. If not, the lead is rejected.
- Encrypted - Fields marked with this will store the data encrypted within ClickPoint. This is useful for personal information like date of births. Once a field is marked either Yes or No for encrypted, it can't be changed.
- Show in Script Edit - Enable this button to allow the field to be used when building your call scripts.
Selecting your Data Type
Data Type – Click the arrow to display a drop-down to choose from:
- Textbox - Allows alpha and numeric characters, this can be used as a default data type for any type of information; up to 1,000 characters (example: abc123#$!).
- Large Textbox - Allows alpha and numeric characters, allows for a larger amount of information; up to 1,000 characters (example: abc123#$!).
- Whole Number - Allows for numeric characters only (example: 15).
- Decimal Number - Allows for a numeric character with decimals (example: 3.5).
- Percent - Allows for a numeric character displayed in a percentage (example: 0.5).
- DateTime - Allows for alpha and numeric characters in relation to date and time (example: 4/28/2019/ 12:00 or 1970-01-01 00:00:00).
- Date - Allows for numeric characters in relation to date (example: 4/28/2018).
- Dropdown - Gives the ability to create a drop-down menu. The Enumerations tab will display only when Dropdown option is chosen.
- State: Allows for full state name or state abbreviations (example: AZ, Arizona).
- Money: Allows for a value in relation to money, i.e. dollar amount (example: 3.50 appears as $3.50 within ClickPoint).
- Phone: Allows for a value in relation to a 10 digit phone number.
- Subfield: Provides the ability to add subfields within or under a named field.
- URL: Allow for a value in relation to a URL (example: https://sales-exec.net)
Configuring Enumeration Dropdowns
- Enumerations - Click on the Enumerations tab to add fields which can be used by your sales team.
- Click Add Option for each piece of information required on the drop-down.
- Enter the name of the drop-down selection in the Value box and click Save.
Create drop-down options