Note: Before Importing, ensure your Excel file includes all of the required information to include column header names, and the field data match the data types within your record type.
Preparing Excel File
- The field names gathered from your Lead Source must be included in the file as this directly correlates to proper mapping once importing begins. This should be included in the first row of your file.
- Save your Excel file (not .csv) so you can easily access it when you are ready to import.
- From the Lead Management Screen, select the Import icon located on the menu bar.
- Once Import is selected, the page is directed to the Import Utility. From here, you can review any previous imported files, review the status as well as the details.
- Select Browse, to find and select the prepared file you wish to import.
- Select Upload File.
Import Leads - Choose a File
Select Mapping Settings
After the upload is complete, you are taking to a mapping page where you can map things like Record Type, your marketing information as well if you want to assign leads to a single Branch or User.
- Record Type – Select the Record Type you chose for the Leads to be Imported to.
- Mapping Preset – New Mapping is the first available choice; if other mapping has occurred, there will be a list of previous mapping to choose from.
- Mapping Description – Name the Mapping for future reference if needed again.
- Marketing Channel - The Marketing Channel applied to the leads in the file.
- Lead Source – The Lead Source applied to the leads in the file.
- Campaign - The Campaign applied to leads in the file.
- Import To – Import Records to create Leads. Holding Bin is discussed in another article.
- Workflow – Typically, when importing a new file, the Leads are new; therefore, leave Auto Select as the default option. If there is a specific Workflow the files must be Imported to, select the Workflow in which those Leads will arrive. If you have Leads that will be uploaded to multiple Status (not to be confused with Workflow) and you have a column in your Excel file with the each Status identified, you can then Map that column on the next page of the Importer.
- Assign To – Select Auto-Distribute to assign Leads to Corporate unless Push Distribution is enabled. You can also specify the User to upload the Leads to. Additionally, if you have a column on your Excel file with the User's Display Name in ClickPoint, you can Map that column on the next page of the Importer to auto assign.
- Mult-Row Import - This is used specifically for importing records which have multiple notes. This is a very specific function and is generally only used when importing Records if you are migrating for another account. In general, always leave this set to No.
Import Leads - Mapping Details
Mapping your file to ClickPoint Lead Fields
Import Utility proceeds to Map the Columns in your Excel file.
- The column to the far left are the ClickPoint Fields Descriptions.
- The second column on the right are values found in the first row of your import file.
- ClickPoint Field will attempt to auto-map to the identified Column Header from the Excel file. These need not match exactly, but naming them similarly aids in the mapping.
- Map all Field Names to match Excel Column Headers, if there are fields that do not need to be imported select Do Not Import.
Note: If you have any fields marked as Required, you will be forced to pick a value to map. If you made a mistake, you can always adjust the file, upload and attempt again.
- Once all mapping is complete select Validate Mappings.
Import Leads - Validate Mappings
Note: If your mapping fails and you must remove or 'scrub' lead details from your uploaded Excel file, you have the ability to "Re-Upload Import File". This is helpful as this saves the mapping you had done previously and you can easily make changes to your file without disturbing the Import.
Import Leads - Validation Successful
Import Leads - Validation Failed
Note: One of two screens will appear; Validation Successful or Validation with Errors. If Validation failed with errors, the specific errors in the file which will prevent the file from importing properly are listed. Once the file is correct you can attempt to re-import.
Import Leads - Final Import Details