A Marketing Channel gives your marketing teams the ability to segment your leads by their source. For example, a typical Marketing Channel may be Inbound Phone, Lead Acquisition or even Web Leads. Use these channels within your reporting to help determine performance so you can better attribute your marketing dollars.
Configuring a New Marketing Channel
Note: SalesExec doesn’t prevent you from using the same Marketing Channel, Lead Source or Campaign names. However, it is best practice to keep these unique.
- Select More on the left-hand side tool bar, then select Settings and then Setup Marketing Channels, Lead Sources and Campaigns.
- On this screen, you can add and edit Marketing Channels, Lead Sources, and Campaigns. You can toggle between the three in the upper right corner. For now, select Marketing Channels.
- Then select Add Channel located in the upper left-hand corner.
- The next screen will display channel options. Select one that fits the type of leads you are trying to get into SalesExec.
- After selecting the channel type, you’ll need to add a channel Name and an Owner.
Adding a Marketing Channel
Note: Selecting the correct owner is especially important. When the owner is the corporate level, all users within your organization can use them when manually adding leads. Set a branch owner if you wish for only those users under that branch, to have access.