Record types are used to segment out different sales workflows and lead field data. It is okay to group the same type of product within a single Record Type providing the sales process is similar. Consider separating out a Record Type if captured lead data and sales processes differ between your product types.
To create Record Type:
- Select More > Settings
- Within the heading of Get Leads Into ClickPoint. Click Step 1: Create Lead Fields.
- First Click Add Record Type and then enter a name.
- Create from a selection of templates or leave blank to include basic field data.
- Status is OFF as a default; you must click Status to Enable and turn it on. If you are configuring a new Record Type, leave disabled until you are ready for your sales team to use.
- Enable Skip DNC Check on Insert if you wish to ignore the automatic Do Not Call check on lead creation. This is useful if at one point in the past, a lead asked to marked 'Do Not Contact' but perhaps they filled out a new lead form asking for more information about your services.
- Then select Save.
Sidebar Menu and Settings
- When you add a new Record Type, when enabled, is visible when you navigate to My Leads.
Note: Drag and drop the order of your Record Types to change the order in your My Lead list.
Adjust Record Type Order