After a lead is created in ClickPoint, it may be necessary to update its marketing information. An update such as this may be needed in the event a lead has the incorrect Lead Source, or a vendor accidentally posted the incorrect Marketing Channel. Having the ability to update lead generation data allows marketing managers to better track lead performance.
Note: In general, this tool should not be enabled for all users and should only be used by Marketing Managers and appropriate account administrators.
Updating Marketing Information
- Before this feature is enabled, you must first decide on which user roles should inherit this new permission. Then, navigate to More > Settings > Create Roles and Permissions.
Roles and Permissions
- Edit the desired User Role by selecting the Pencil icon.
Update User Role
- Towards the bottom of the screen, enable Update a Lead's Marketing Channel, Lead Source or Campaign.
- Once enabled, the tool is accessible under the Update options located on the Lead Manager Screen.
New Update Option
- On selection, a modal window will display with the ability to update Marketing Channel, Lead Source and Campaign.
Update Marketing Info
- After the appropriate selections are made, select Save. Within the lead's history, a new line item is created to denote that a change has been made.
Newly Updated Marketing Information